Denise Goldberg's blog

So near and yet so far away
An exploration of western Nova Scotia

Monday, September 18, 2006

Photos: To the light (and back again)


My bike picked her own resting spot when I spotted The Cat heading in to the harbor. A pretty picture, but I did have to pull a bit of grass out of the gears... nope, not a very good spot to wait for my camera stop!




As I was headed out to Cape Forchu, The Cat was heading in to Yarmouth. I still had plenty of time to wander though; there were four hours between when she arrived in Yarmouth and when she headed out again for Bar Harbor.






Rogue waves? Really?

Not knowing how rogue applies to waves, I decided a trip through a dictionary was in order. From Merriam-Webster Online, the definition of the adjective rogue: "resembling or suggesting a rogue elephant especially in being isolated, aberrant, dangerous, or uncontrollable (((capsized by a rogue wave)))"




Ah, a tall lighthouse! And one that I wasn't sure I would see in clear daylight. This is quite a contrast from my view of this light on my first day in Nova Scotia.