Denise Goldberg's blog

So near and yet so far away
An exploration of western Nova Scotia

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Photos: Closing the loop


What's wrong with this picture? It looks like it's possible that people live here, but that's a really long drop from the door on the second floor!











...and Rover jumped out to soak in the sights

Oh, look at that lighthouse! And the windmills! And the water! Yes, you'd better take some pictures with your big camera instead of the little one that I can handle.
--- Rover




Strange picture? Maybe, but there were a few things that jumped out at me here, from the color of the house, to the trim around the windows, to the huge pile of lobster traps!





Ah, a treat to end both a good riding day and my loop around western Nova Scotia!

I'm back at the Guest-Lovitt House in Yarmouth, the B&B where I began this journey - and (my hosts) Twyla & Bruce treated me to a ride around town in their vintage Model T. A bit of a change from my bike! (And no, I wasn't driving! I was only in the driver's seat for the purpose of taking this photo.)