Denise Goldberg's blog

So near and yet so far away
An exploration of western Nova Scotia

Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Photos: Along the road (and from the car...)



Crossing the Piscataqua River from New Hampshire to Maine.

What do you mean I'm not supposed to take pictures while I'm driving? Yes, I used my little camera, and no, I didn't attempt to focus, just snapped the photo...




At a rest stop along I-95 in Maine. As usual, I was fascinated by the clouds.




Are we there yet? Can we start riding? I'd much rather be riding a bike than flying down the road in this 4-wheeled vehicle.

Sorry Rover, but we've just really started. There are hours to go yet before we get to Bar Harbor, and we have a boat ride tomorrow morning before we can switch to our preferred 2-wheeled Denise-powered form of transportation.




You're right, stopping on a limited access highway to take a picture really isn't good behavior. But I have been fascinated by this small cemetery that sits right next to I-95. It's not an abandoned plot either; the small area is maintained with fresh flowers and American flags.




I find it interesting that the thing that appears to have been important about Hannah is that she was married to two men (although not at the same time).




Penobscot Narrows bridges, one old with its replacement under construction




You're absolutely right, I did want to walk on the unfinished span. I didn't though, for a change I behaved...