Denise Goldberg's blog

So near and yet so far away
An exploration of western Nova Scotia

Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Dedication

I dedicate this trip to my brother Neal. As the road rolls under my wheels, and my eyes absorb the beauty around me, I send thoughts of healing and comfort to Neal as he fights a battle with cancer. As you follow me on my bicycle, I hope that you will join me in sending healing thoughts his way.


At a family dinner, November 2005.

What do you mean you've never been to a meal where the pre-dinner activity was hanging spoons from your nose? We've been doing this as long as I can remember... and that's a lot of years! And of course, Neal is a very practiced participant at this activity.




Donning a wig and funny glasses, Neal brings a smile to my face - and I'm sure to many others too.

Many thanks to Neal's daughter Bari for making this photo available. I wish I had been able to experience this disguise in person!