Denise Goldberg's blog

So near and yet so far away
An exploration of western Nova Scotia

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pictures? More pictures!

Sometimes I wonder if I ride so I can take pictures or if my playing with cameras is the excuse I need to explore new places on my bike. I supposed it doesn't really matter which is my driving force since both activities are things that I love to do. I came home to find that the CompactFlash cards that my cameras had been happily filling contained 1672 photos. And yes, I still had plenty of empty media space so I could certainly have continued cycling and taking pictures. I didn't keep all of the pictures, but there are still a lot of photos. A good sampling of pictures will be in this journal, with more in my photo galleries.

You can access the top level gallery for this trip here. I've split the photos into a number of galleries based on the location (where I was riding) or the subject matter (from my fascination with bugs and birds and animals). Here are the individual gallery addresses just in case you want to go directly to a gallery: Interested in looking via a slideshow? You can click the slideshow button (in each gallery) and let the photos scroll by your eyes. To jump back out of the slideshow, just move your mouse and then click Return to gallery in the upper right. Or you can return by simply clicking the Esc key.

Enjoy!